PUB DRAW: Art Supply List (updated weekly)
Written by Christina on October 18, 2019
Hey there. We hope that you enjoy the products that are recommended below and they yield many, many creative endeavors. The post below contains affiliate links and Critical Role may be compensated for promoting these products. Don’t forget to follow your art heart!
In the first season of Pub Draw, our very own art master Babs Tarr broke down character design, including head basics, posing, and inking sketches into glorious masterpieces. With season 2 upon us, we thought we’d share some of Babs’s favored supplies.
Be sure to check product reviews and alternatives to see if there may be a better fit for you. Remember, you don’t need the fanciest supplies to grow into a fantastic artist. All you need to do is follow your art heart.
- Any ring sketchbook: We like LYTek Hardcover Sketchbooks for perforated pages and the hardcover surface.
- These these smaller sketchbooks are perfect for the artist on the go, which also has a dot grid for some non-imposing guidelines.
PENS & PENCILS
- Kuretake Bimoji Brush Pen
- Non-Photo Blue Pencil
- Tombow mono Pencil 6B + 2B
- Tombow Mono Drawing Pencil Set
- Prismacolor Red Pencil
- Mechanical Pencil – any you may already have will work, or grab a pack like these.
- Rags – any you may have around the house will work, or grab a pack like these.
- Masterson Sealable Paint Pallete
- Newsprint Paper 12×18
- Generals Compressed Charcoal – Be sure whatever version you decide to get is “compressed”.
- Marie’s Willow Charcoal – Be sure whatever version you decide to get is “willow”.
- Prismacolor Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- X-acto knife: We like X-Acto #1 Precision Knife which comes with a safety cap (safety is sexy).
You can draw along with Marisha Ray and Babs Tarr during Pub Draw, airing live on Wednesdays at 5pm Pacific at twitch.tv/criticalrole.
Don’t forget to share your art and join the conversation and community in the fan-created Pub Draw subreddit or by using the #pubdraw hashtag on Twitter or Tumblr.