OSD Fundraiser: Join Our 8-Bit Salute!
Written by Rachel on November 1, 2018
This November, we have joined forces with our friends at Operation Supply Drop (OSD), which is Travis’s favorite charity, to raise money for our military community. If we raise $25,000 together, Travis will host a very special live first-person shooter gaming session on the Critical Role Twitch channel!
As gamers ourselves, we believe deeply in the therapeutic power of gaming. Sometimes picking up the dice and getting together with friends can completely shift your energy for the better. This is why OSD’s mission has a very special meaning to us.
Operation Supply Drop has served over 750,000 members of the global military community through social connectivity, professional development and servant leadership opportunities, including:
- Supply Drops, which deliver special care packages (that often include board/video games and cooler fun stuff than your traditional care package from home) to those that are on active duty.
- Heroic Forces, which assists veterans with skill and professional development after active duty has ended. OSD also works closely with local and regional organizations to ensure that the transition back into civilian life is resourceful.
- Respawn, which provides therapy, equipment, and support for transitioning veterans through gaming, technology, and innovation at military medical facilities and Warrior Transition Battalions.
- Games to Grunts, in partnership with ID.me which provides no cost PC video games to active military, veterans, and their families to promote the healing power of gaming.
- Thank You Deployments, in which nominated active duty and veterans receive the red carpet treatment at events like PAX and E3, but can also receive a one-of-a-kind adventure.
To learn more about the incredible work that Operation Supply Drop does for our military community, check out WeAreOSD.com.
Donate right now now (and through the month of November!) at critrole.com/OSD. Your donation is tax-deductible and will provide support for service-members, veterans and their families where they need it most.
Don’t have any extra cash to spare? No worries — sharing our campaign with your friends and family is also an amazing way to support our campaign.
As always, thank you all so much for your continued support of our charity partners. We are constantly overwhelmed by the generosity of Critters.