Our “Welcome to Tal’Dorei” Album Is Out NOW!
Written by Nicole on June 21, 2022
Exciting news, Critters!
Music is the ultimate tool for enhancing storytelling and emotion. Here at Critical Role, we are always using it as a resource to help set the tone of a scene and make our stories more engaging.
Therefore, as a special treat, we decided to release our very own soundtrack album! We hope it helps you bring your games to the next level, or simply accompanies you as you work, play, or relax.
And to all you streamers out there: we welcome you to use this music to add atmosphere to your streamed actual plays of tabletop games! All we ask is that you include a link to stream or purchase the album.
Welcome to Tal’Dorei is a soundtrack album released under our new record label Scanlan Shorthalt Music. It’s filled with nearly an hour of immersive music inspired by Tal’Dorei and our world of Exandria in the Critical Role campaigns. Welcome to Tal’Dorei is available today for purchase and streaming on all major digital music platforms!
We have to give a shout-out to the excellent folks who made this album happen. Welcome to Tal’Dorei’s 17 tracks were composed by Colm McGuinness, Omar Fadel, and the team at Hexany Audio, and it features gorgeous album art by Kent Davis. Coordinating these teams and helming this project was our very own Creative Director and Co-Founder Marisha Ray and Producer Maxwell James.
“We were absolutely blown away by the top tier talent we were able to work with on this project.
It was an honor working with Hexany Audio and their team of composers. They had such a great understanding of our world and what we were looking for. And Omar Fadel was a powerhouse to work with. He’s so good at taking real influences from our own world and making them sound fantastical and unique in the tracks he composed. I also can’t say enough nice things about Colm McGuinness. We have worked with him on a few projects now and everything he creates is so grand and beautiful.
Being able to expand our world and tell stories through music is a dream come true… I hope this is only the beginning of Scanlan Shorthalt Music.”
– Maxwell James
If you’re searching for it on your favorite app or service, be on the lookout for this pretty cover image:
Check out the full list of songs and credits below!
- “Welcome to Tal’Dorei” Colm McGuinness
- “The Adventure Begins…” Colm McGuinness
- “Tea with the Pansophical” Sterling Maffe (Hexany Audio)
- “1000 Steps” Matthew Carl Earl (Hexany Audio)
- “Entering Zephrah” Robert Wolf (Hexany Audio)
- “The Caverns of Crystalfen” Robert Wolf (Hexany Audio)
- “Deathwalker’s Ward” Sterling Maffe (Hexany Audio)
- “The Grey Hunt” Omar Fadel
- “The Cinder King” Omar Fadel
- “Illusory Bonds” Sterling Maffe (Hexany Audio)
- “The Nymph’s Heart” Matthew Carl Earl (Hexany Audio)
- “Umbra Hills” Robert Wolf (Hexany Audio)
- “The Slayer’s Take” Omar Fadel
- “The Pools of Wittebak” Omar Fadel
- “Fields of Joy” Omar Fadel
- “The Whispered One” Steven Grove (Hexany Audio)
- “The Champion’s Goodbye” Matthew Carl Earl (Hexany Audio)
Music by Hexany Audio
Composers: Colm McGuinness, Omar Fadel, and Hexany Audio: Matthew Carl Earl, Robert Wolf, Sterling Maffe, Steven Grove
Mastering: Chris Willmott
Artwork: Kent Davis
Music Supervisor: Laura Katz (Supe Troop)